The Great Lakes Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, Inc. (Great Lakes CKCSC) exists for the love of Cavaliers! We are a local specialty club established to represent, protect, and promote the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in Michigan.
As a group, we want to have fun, support each other, and celebrate our Cavaliers! We have varying experience in the CKCS breed; show breeders, conformation, agility and obedience exhibitors, pet owners, rescue owners, rescue workers, pet therapy dog owners, professional handlers and dog trainers. We have all come together for the love of the breed.
Download a pdf copy of the new membership application
Objectives of the Club are:
- To encourage and promote quality in breeding of pure-bred Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and do everything possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and agility trials.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows and obedience and agility trials under the rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club.
In order to become a member of the club you need to do the following:
- Complete the Great Lakes CKCSC membership application, which must be signed by 2 current Great Lakes CKCSC sponsors (members in good standing).
- Send your completed application, along with a check to the Membership Chairperson. Your application will then be read at the next regular meeting of the full membership following submission of the application.
- Thereafter the applicant is required to attend at least two club-sponsored events (i.e. matches, regular meetings, etc.) prior to additional action.
- Once the applicant has complied by attending two club events, the Membership Chairperson will submit their application to the full membership at the next regular meeting where the application will be voted on.
If you are voted in you will receive the following:
- A welcome letter to the club.
- A club membership card.
- Your name will be added to the appropriate lists and you will be eligible to receive a copy of our club newsletter.
Membership eligibility and types are as follows:
- Regular – Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
- Household – Allows for two (2) votes per household, persons 18 years and older.
- Associate – Where the individual(s) is/are entitled to all privileges except voting and office holding. Application(s) should be filed with the Secretary but need not require sponsors or approval process applicable to prospective voting applicants; after a period of one (1) year the person(s) may apply for Regular or Household membership as outlined in the bylaws.
- Honorary – Individuals pay no dues, not eligible to vote or hold office.
- Junior – Open to all persons 10-17 years of age; cannot vote or hold office and may automatically convert to regular membership upon reaching their 18th birthday.
- Regular – $35.00 per person per year
- Household – $45.00 per year
- Associate – $25.00 per person per year
- Junior – $15.00 per person per year
While membership is to be unrestricted as to residence, the Club’s primary purpose is to be representative of the breeders and exhibitors in its immediate area.
We hope you will join us and participate in various club activities.
To apply or renew online: please choose the membership type below for the appropriate form.
By Snail Mail: If you would like to submit your application via USPS, you can print a pdf version of the form from Great Lakes CKCSC Membership Application.
Please send your completed application and check to the Club’s Treasurer:
Make checks payable to: Great Lakes CKCSC, Inc.
c/o Debrorah Hamblen * 5530 Barr Rd. * Canton, MI 48188